Country/ GL Accountant - permanent position
For our Client in Hoofddorp region, we are looking for a Country/GL Accountant.
The GL/Country Accountant’s role is a key role within a team of professional accountants. The country accountant is responsible for the day‐to‐day management of the financial and administrative functions of the countries under responsibility with as main focus the general ledger and the monthly/quarterly reporting preparation for consolidation. He/she ensures that financial transactions are performed and reported in accordance with policies and procedures as determined by the division’s management.
- Prepare accruals, prepayments, and provisions according to the divisions policies;
- Generate and perform general ledger pre/post closing journal entries;
- Completion of monthly balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations;
- Prepare and document periodical analysis of both B/S and P&L main accounts;
- Co‐ordination of tasks required for the countries under his/her responsibility, performed by administrative staff of the division (cash & bank transactions, sub‐ledgers in A/P, A/R, fixed assets etc); - Initiate improvements in systems to enhance standardisation of F&A processes;
- Support management during the audit fieldwork; - Ensure proper financials controls over financial reporting are in place in accordance with J‐SOX and the company’s financial and accounting policies.
- Higher educational degree (bachelor) in Finance & Accounting, Business Economics and/or other related studies;
- 4+ years of experience in Finance & Accounting, preferably within an international environment;
- Working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and in writing. Mastering other European languages is an advantage (e.g. French, Spanish, Italian);
- Excellent analytical and administration skills;
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative while having good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team and be responsible;
- Ability to multi‐task and meet tight deadlines on a consistent basis;
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues from different countries and cultures;
- Experience with business/financial software packages (MS Excel, ERP systems, Cognos, Hyperion etc.).
International environment where you can learn and develop;
• Professional A-brand organization;
• Independent, responsible and challenging position;
• Good terms of employment.:
o 13th month payment
o Travel allowance
o Additional leave days
• First contract will be a temporary contract, with the intension to extend or offer an indefinite contract.
• Additional benefits:
o Mobile & Laptop (if applicable)
o License support
o Staff discount on products