GL Accountant - Amsterdam region - permanent role
For our client, an international market leader, in Amsterdam region we are looking for a GL Accountant (permanent position).
- Prepare accruals, prepayments, and provisions according to the divisions policies;
- Generate and perform general ledger pre/post closing journal entries;
- Completion of monthly balance sheet and P&L account reconciliations;
- Prepare and document periodical analysis of both B/S and P&L main accounts;
- Co‐ordination of tasks required for the countries under his/her responsibility, performed by administrative staff of the division (cash & bank transactions, sub‐ledgers in A/P, A/R, fixed assets etc);
- Initiate improvements in systems to enhance standardisation of F&A processes;
- Support management during the audit fieldwork;
- Ensure proper financials controls over financial reporting are in place in accordance with J‐SOX and the company’s financial and accounting policies.
- Higher educational degree (bachelor) in Finance & Accounting, Business Economics and/or other related studies;
- 5+ years of experience in Finance & Accounting, preferably within an international environment;
- Working knowledge of the English language, both spoken and in writing. Mastering other European languages is an advantage (e.g. French, Spanish, Italian);
- Excellent analytical and administration skills;
- Ability to work unsupervised and use own initiative while having good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team and be responsible;
- Ability to multi‐task and meet tight deadlines on a consistent basis;
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues from different countries and cultures;
- Experience with business/financial software packages (MS Excel, ERP systems, Cognos, Hyperion etc.).
- International environment where you can learn and develop;
- Professional A-brand organization;
- Independent, responsible and challenging position;
- Good terms of employment.:
- 13th month payment
- Travel allowance
- Additional leave days
- First contract will be a temporary contract, with the intension to extend or offer an indefinite contract.
- Additional benefits:
- Staff bike program
- Mobile & Laptop (if applicable)
- License support
Finnt B.V. gebruikt cookies om bepaalde voorkeuren te onthouden en vacatures af te stemmen op je interesses.